Nov 30, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas (Northern Aroostook County, Maine Style)

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a partridge in a pine tree.

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me 2 pigeons, and a partridge in a pine tree.

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me 3 White Rocks, 2 pigeons, and a partridge in a pine tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 4 large black crows, 3 White Rocks, 2 pigeons, and a partridge in a pine tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 5 FEET OF SNOW, 4 large black crows, 3 White Rocks, 2 pigeons, and a partridge in a pine tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 6 moose a mating, 5 FEET OF SNOW, 4 large black crows, 3 White Rocks, 2 pigeons, and a partridge in a pine tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me 7 hunter's hunting, 6 moose a mating, 5 FEET OF SNOW, 4 large black crows, 3 White Rocks, 2 pigeons, and a partridge in a pine tree.

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 8 skiers skiing, 7 hunters hunting, 6 moose a mating, 5 FEET OF SNOW, 4 large black crows, 3 White Rocks, 2 pigeons, and a partridge in a pine tree.

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 9 pounds of potatoes, 8 skiers skiing, 7 hunters hunting, 6 moose a mating, 5 FEET OF SNOW, 4 large black crow, 3 White rocks, 2 pigeons, and a partridge in a pine tree.

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 10 snowmobiler's sledding, 9 pounds of potatoes, 8 skiers skiing, 7 hunters hunting, 6 moose a mating, 5 FEET OF SNOW, 4 large black crows, 3 White Rocks, 2 pigeons, and a partridge in a pine tree.

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me 11 plates of poutine, 10 snowmobiler's sledding, 9 pounds of potatoes, 8 skiers skiing, 7 hunters hunting, 6 moose a mating, 5 FEET OF SNOW, 4 large black crows, 3 White Rocks, 2 pigeons, and a partridge in a pine tree.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 12 black flies flying, 11 plates of poutine, 10 snowmobiler's sledding, 9 pounds of potatoes, 8 skiers skiing, 7 hunters hunting, 6 moose a mating, 5 FEET OF SNOW, 4 large black crows, 3 White Rocks, 2 pigeons, and a partridge in a pine tree.



This little song came about after my husband Steve commented that there were partridges in the back field of the farm. I of course started singing the line "and a partridge in a pear tree", and he laughed and said no they're in pine tree's here. That's all it took for me to sit down and recreate the Twelve Days of Christmas for the farm blog. I hope you liked it and it gave you a laugh, we laughed a lot making it, and sang it while putting up the Christmas decorations yesterday.

God Bless.

1 comment: